The REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals) Regulation entered into force on 1 June 2007 with the aim to improve the protection of human health and environment from the risks caused by chemicals. REACH places the burden of proof on companies. To comply with the Regulation, you have to identify and mange the risks linked to the substances you manufacture and place on the market in the EU.
Submissions of technical dossiers to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) have been divided into three deadlines depending on the tonnage band of the substances imported or manufactured in the EU:
- Deadline in 2010 for substances in quantities of >1000 tonnes per annum (tpa)
- Deadline in 2013 for substances in quantities between 1 – 100 tpa
- Deadline of 31 May 2018 for substances in quantities of >1 tpa.
After those transitional deadlines any new substance must be registered before placing on the market.
We can help you:
- Understand if you have obligations under REACH
- Prepare the technical dossier for your substance(s) using the IUCLID 6 electronic tool
- Help you develop suitable testing strategies for your substance(s) taking all available options into consideration (read-across, waiving, QSAR modelling)
- Evaluate your available studies and prepare a data gap analysis
- Identify the correct SIEF for your substance and help you get access to the appropriate consortium
- Take on and understand the role of Only Representative (OR), if relevant, or identify one for you if needed